• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtucker4God

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
My home was broken into, the Security co. may or may not have contacted the police, but they told me there monitor does not indicate a point of entry therefore, they believe no one entered the home so there was no need for them to contact me to come home. I called the Security co. back and told them it shows on my box that door 2 which is my front french doors had been compromised but they couldn't detect that at their station. But sent out a person the next day to check my alarm system, I don't want there services any more, but stuck. My home was broken into and items stolen when I got home my alarm was still going off, I called the police they eventually came check the house but didn't take pictures of the door or finger prints which I still have on my wall. I called the station about the prints and door and they said due to the ecomony and deferred days off this is your tax dollars working for you, they don't do that anymore. They acted like this was the first call about a break in at this address. I feel no one cares, I had electronics, money, equipment from AT&T taken, etc.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My home was broken into, the Security co. may or may not have contacted the police, but they told me there monitor does not indicate a point of entry therefore, they believe no one entered the home so there was no need for them to contact me to come home. I called the Security co. back and told them it shows on my box that door 2 which is my front french doors had been compromised but they couldn't detect that at their station. But sent out a person the next day to check my alarm system, I don't want there services any more, but stuck. My home was broken into and items stolen when I got home my alarm was still going off, I called the police they eventually came check the house but didn't take pictures of the door or finger prints which I still have on my wall. I called the station about the prints and door and they said due to the ecomony and deferred days off this is your tax dollars working for you, they don't do that anymore. They acted like this was the first call about a break in at this address. I feel no one cares, I had electronics, money, equipment from AT&T taken, etc.
I'm sorry for the difficulties you are having.

Did you have a question?

Antigone*

I hope you've called your homeowner's insurance carrier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">