• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft from room mate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chuko1100

So I had a kid living here that works with me, I had a 4000 dollar music studio that I have been collecting for 10 years now. I got in an argument with the kid at work and while we were there he sent his friends and girl to steal my studio and get his stuff. I have video of his friends and girlfriend, clear good surveillance of everything they took. What I want to know is if I'm ****ed (They had his keys to go in my house) were the only two with keys. Will he be convicted will they have a warrant with that evidence?

quincy

So I had a kid living here that works with me, I had a 4000 dollar music studio that I have been collecting for 10 years now. I got in an argument with the kid at work and while we were there he sent his friends and girl to steal my studio and get his stuff. I have video of his friends and girlfriend, clear good surveillance of everything they took. What I want to know is if I'm ****ed (They had his keys to go in my house) were the only two with keys. Will he be convicted will they have a warrant with that evidence?
What is the name of your state, Chuko1100?

I am not sure what you mean by a "4000 dollar music studio." Do you mean a music collection?

If items of yours were stolen, I assume you reported the theft to the police and turned over to the police a copy of video surveillance.

No one here can predict if someone will be charged and convicted of any crime.

xylene

What happened when you reported this to the police?

While yes, no one can say the future, if the police were dismissive of your allegations, you are probably not going to see anyone convicted and need to handle this in civil court.

Chuko1100

I live in California I had 4000 dollars worth of instruments and music stuff in my room (Speakers, audio interfaces, Guitars synthesizers ETC.). What I wanted to know is if thats substantial evidence to convict him of the crime, the thing is hes been mocking me saying im ****ed and im not getting my stuff back because he works with me.

Chuko1100

There is a detective coming to my house tomorrow morning to take the USB with the camera footage. Its really good footage showing his girlfriend and his friends opening my house with his keys.

Chuko1100

The officer was shocked because the kid denied the officers calls, called me back after he wasn't answering his phone, asked to speak to the officer when he did he just asked him if he saw the video footage because he wasnt there. Then he said he was good he said he didnt take anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">