• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there anything I can do??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadvice0222

Two years ago, I put a personal loan in my name for my ex and he co-signed it. He took the money to buy a motorcycle and agree to fully pay back the loan (he did not, and still does not, have good credit so thats why I did it). A year later, he wanted a different bike so I put another loan in my name, this time through the dealership, which he once again co-signed. He also agreed to fully pay that loan. He was also an authorized user on my credit card (which he agreed to pay whatever he charged), but racked up $1800 that he never paid to me. Now that we are not together, he is falling behind on the payments and the creditors are coming after me, threatening to garnish my wages. I offerd to take one of the bikes and sell it so he wouldnt have to worry about one of the loans. He agreed to this and then changed his mind. Both of the bike titles and registration are/were in his name. There was also a credit card of mine he fraudulently used but I did nothing about it because at the time I didnt think it was a big deal. Now here I am in quite the horrible situation wondering if there is anything I can do to get my money. If anyone has any advice (besides telling me I made huge mistakes), it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Antigone*

This is the kind of thing that happens when two unmarried people play house.

You will most likely take it in the shorts. Sorry.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">