• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a SOL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olivia1234

What is the name of your state?Illinois but from Florida

I lived in Florida with my Ex about 10 months ago. We shared an apartment together and when I found out I was pregnant decided it would be best for me to move to Illinois until the baby was born. Our lease wasn't over with yet and of course we had to break it. We both agreed to pay half of the eviction and the rest of the bills that inquired the last month we were there. It will be a year June 15, 2005 since all this happened. The last payment he made to me was in Oct 2004. Can I take him to small claims court for this? How long do I have to see if he is going to pay me? Is there a statute of limitation to something like this? Thanks in advance.

S

seniorjudge

olivia1234 said:
What is the name of your state?Illinois but from Florida

I lived in Florida with my Ex about 10 months ago. We shared an apartment together and when I found out I was pregnant decided it would be best for me to move to Illinois until the baby was born. Our lease wasn't over with yet and of course we had to break it. We both agreed to pay half of the eviction and the rest of the bills that inquired the last month we were there. It will be a year June 15, 2005 since all this happened. The last payment he made to me was in Oct 2004. Can I take him to small claims court for this? How long do I have to see if he is going to pay me? Is there a statute of limitation to something like this? Thanks in advance.
Almost all other actions fall under the 4-year catch-all limitations period, (F.S. 95.11(3)(p)).

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/SOL-by-State.html#10

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">