• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there something i can do about this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mickey0169

how can i get my money back

georgia
i lived with a partner for almost 2 years during which we accrued a large amount of debt. after splitting up she agreed that she owed me half and agreed to make payments. after we had split up, i noticed that there were still charges being made to my credit card and i wasn't the one making them. she had my credit card and was forging my name. i haven't seen a payment in over a year. is there anything i can do about this. the situation goes alot deeper, but for now i just want my money.

Last edited:

S

s_hale

if she is forging your signature that is fraudulent activity and is a felony. report it to your credit card company, to the social security administration, and to the police. then take action in court.

djohnson

You have so long to contest charges on your credit card. They could have to credit it back depending on how long age that was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">