• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They were mine... Are they His now???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vida2loca

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

I had been in a relationship for the past 2 years. We were never married and each kept separate residences. The relationship ended, but he has some particular items in his possession that i would like to have returned to me. He refuses and says they are no longer mine. On top of that, he said that if i wanted to start anything about it, that he would disclose some private information to others that i had told him in confidence. Is there anything i can do??? Thanks!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

vida2loca said:
What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

I had been in a relationship for the past 2 years. We were never married and each kept separate residences. The relationship ended, but he has some particular items in his possession that i would like to have returned to me. He refuses and says they are no longer mine. On top of that, he said that if i wanted to start anything about it, that he would disclose some private information to others that i had told him in confidence. Is there anything i can do??? Thanks!!

My response:

Why would he want to keep your bras and panties?

Listen, you've got to make a choice - -

Continue trying to get "your stuff" and suffer from him divulging those things you want kept private, or keep what's private, private.

Since only you can make these choices, the answer lies within you and there's nothing we can do for you from cyberspace. Either choice you make, you're going to lose something. So, choose the lesser of the two evils.

IAAL

V

vida2loca

They were mine... Are they now His???

Of course i know i have to make a decision. But if i decide to take him to court to get my things back, am i just wasting my time???... legally, is he right???... If i let him take them, are they no longer mine... legally???

D

DRN

Can you prove they are yours?

He doesn't have to since he has them. You do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">