• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thief sold my Ipod on Ebay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

croninnn

What is the name of your state? Vermont

Hello and thanks in advance for your advice.

About 6 months ago my Ipod was stolen at the gym of my college in Vermont and the next day it was up on Ebay (not a bright kid, not sure how he got into my school!) I contacted the local police and they found out who the person was by tracking his Ebay username back to an old AIM screen name. The person said he found the Ipod outside the cafeteria and he didn't steal it, but the cops knew what the deal was. The thief had a subpoena to show up in court with an Ebay representative so he could get the records on who he sold my Ipod too (which sold for $89 I think.) I haven't heard from the detective on the case in months, so I'm wondering, it's a pretty small crime in the eyes of the law, but I want to find out who the thief is so then I can take care of it myself. (Don't worry, nothing violent or anything like that, but I see no reason I should shell out another $200 because some punk stole it.) Is there a way I can look up subpoena records and how would I actually do that? Is there any other ways?

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? Vermont

Hello and thanks in advance for your advice.

About 6 months ago my Ipod was stolen at the gym of my college in Vermont and the next day it was up on Ebay (not a bright kid, not sure how he got into my school!) I contacted the local police and they found out who the person was by tracking his Ebay username back to an old AIM screen name. The person said he found the Ipod outside the cafeteria and he didn't steal it, but the cops knew what the deal was. The thief had a subpoena to show up in court with an Ebay representative so he could get the records on who he sold my Ipod too (which sold for $89 I think.) I haven't heard from the detective on the case in months, so I'm wondering, it's a pretty small crime in the eyes of the law, but I want to find out who the thief is so then I can take care of it myself. (Don't worry, nothing violent or anything like that, but I see no reason I should shell out another $200 because some punk stole it.) Is there a way I can look up subpoena records and how would I actually do that? Is there any other ways?
It would cost you lots of monies to do what you want! Contact the Detective for an update!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">