• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threat of being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thecapt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
I'm the director of nursing for a home health care company and may have pending litigation on my license. The nurse that was supposed to take care of the patent quit before going to work. The nurse that was supposed to be relieved stayed on duty until I could find someone to relieve him. I presented the patient with three different nurses, all she refused based on a race issue. I had know one else to cover the case. She threatened to sue do to abandonment. She was never left alone. I ended up calling the paramedics and having them take her to the hospital so she could get the care she needed. Can she sue? If so, will she win? Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">