• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timber tresspass???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gmc_mckinney

Washington state, Okanogan County
I have a small question two years ago my husband cut down a tree we thought was real estate property. We even called the real estate company and got their permission because it was leaning over our fence. This was a large fir tree dead and full of pitch, not firewood even. Well in the process of cleaning up the little debris on the county rd. we were shot at by our neighbors who were our friends and later calimed the tree and property theirs. It is their property and we offered to pay for the damn thing, which they refused. All this caused a falling out in the freindship, and they harrassed us all this time(stalking up and downt the rd, staring with binoculars etc.) they even tryed to get an anti-harrassment order against because they feared we'd cut more timber. We live on heavily timbered acres of our own. Now they are sueing us for 4,000. Emotional duress and damage etc.
Our attorny say's we have nothing to worry about but I was wondering what kind of laws we could take to court to qoute to them. THank you for your time!! Erica

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">