• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MsBarbie

A Private Individual in Missouri where I Reside Sold Me A Vechile that I Paided $2000.00 Cash For; We Both Signed thee Bill of Sale and He Handed His Wife thee Money When I Questioned Him About Thee Title for the Vechile he Then Confessed and Said His Daughter Took out A Title Loan On it that He Didn't have It.I Said Well I Want my Money Back now Because it is Against thee Law to Sell a Vechile with a Lien/ Title Loan and He Said Sorry My Wife is Gone With the Money. I Took Him too Small Claims Court and Thee Judge Ruled His Decision in My Favor; Thee Seller had 10 Days to Voluntarily Pay Back thee Money, Problem is Now that He Owns his Own Business As a Automobile Repair Shop and I Can't Garnish His Wages!!! My Question Now; What Kind of Legal Action Can I Take at This Point??

Dave1952

Did they not produce the title in court? Here's a link for the execution of judgements.
http://www.mobar.org/uploadedFiles/Home/CLE/Free_MoBarCLE_Course_Materials/Palmer%20-%20How%20to%20Collect.pdf

MsBarbie

No they Did Not Show up For thee Court Date on July 11, 2016 and as of July 15, 2016 when I went to thee Dept. Of Motor Vechiles there Was and Still is A Active Title Loan in Effect. So At This Point He Still has not Refunded thee Money and He also Refused.Like I Said He Owns His Own Business and I Can't Garnish His Wages!!!

LdiJ

No they Did Not Show up For thee Court Date on July 11, 2016 and as of July 15, 2016 when I went to thee Dept. Of Motor Vechiles there Was and Still is A Active Title Loan in Effect. So At This Point He Still has not Refunded thee Money and He also Refused.Like I Said He Owns His Own Business and I Can't Garnish His Wages!!!
You may not be able to garnish his wages but you can certainly levy his bank accounts and may even be able to levy his business accounts if you can find out what kind of entity his business is.

You might even consider seeing if the police would have any interest is the case as a criminal matter, since it was a clear attempt to defraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">