• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tolling statute of limitations in MO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bus933s

Missouri. Obtained a non-binding arbitration award against an attorney. Attorney refused to pay, declined to participate in arbitration. I never pursued action on the award. The statute of limitation in small claims in MO seems to be 5 years. However, I just received a bribery letter from the attorney (7 years since the award) offering to pay if I remove negative comments from the internet. Since the attorney just now agreed he owes and would conditionally pay, does this toll the statute of limitations and allow me to bring action against him, my thought being that he has "re-opened" the issue and now admits?

tranquility

I don't think you really have a "debt" as the arbitration was non-binding. Besides, he's not offering to pay as much make a contract to give you money for the act of removing the negative comments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">