• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Took Money and ran

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TotallyBurned

Texas

A friend of mine needs help. He invested about 20000.00 in his boyfriends business and now they have split right after the business has opened. The guy is refusing to give him any money back. Unfortunately love can make you stupid and he doesnt have many receipts. Is this something for small claims court? Would he be wasting his time if he doesnt have all the receipts? I am aware that Texas doesnt give any type of marital rights to a gay couple. Any help would be appreciated.;

Thanks

JETX

TotallyBurned said:
A friend of mine needs help. He invested about 20000.00 in his boyfriends business and now they have split right after the business has opened. The guy is refusing to give him any money back. Unfortunately love can make you stupid and he doesnt have many receipts. Is this something for small claims court?
No. Texas small claims limit (as most states) is $5000.

Would he be wasting his time if he doesnt have all the receipts?
Depends ENTIRELY on what evidence he might be able to provide to support his claim.

However, he has a HUGE problem. Your post says NOTHING about this being a loan... but was in fact an INVESTMENT!! As such, there is no assurance of return of any money... and is/was 100% at risk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">