• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Took my items and didn't pay me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clemere

New Hampshire
I had a person come into my house to preview for possibly buying the house lot. At that time I allowed all of the items worth over $5 to be taken to go to auction, at this person's request, instead of buying the lot. After many months of not answering or returning phone calls, I was mailed a check for $68. I was given an estimate of $4000 for the lot with a percentage agreement of 30%. This person claims that one item didn't work and it was junked for much less than it is worth and that another item was ruined because of water. The list included with the check does not include 75% of what he took. I have pictures of the lot before and after and no written agreement.

What can I do?

New Hampshire
I had a person come into my house to preview for possibly buying the house lot. At that time I allowed all of the items worth over $5 to be taken to go to auction, at this person's request, instead of buying the lot. After many months of not answering or returning phone calls, I was mailed a check for $68. I was given an estimate of $4000 for the lot with a percentage agreement of 30%. This person claims that one item didn't work and it was junked for much less than it is worth and that another item was ruined because of water. The list included with the check does not include 75% of what he took. I have pictures of the lot before and after and no written agreement.

What can I do?
Hire an attorney and go to court. What does your agreement state about prevailing party attorneys fees?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">