• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totaled snowmobile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CBR91

MAINE: Last year my boyfriend and I were still in MA where I am from (before we moved up to ME so I can go to school). At that time his mom was in the process of moving and his "best friend" let my boyfriend leave his year old snowmobile at his house. The "best friend" was told NOT to ride it and that is was uninsured/unregistered. My boyfriends mother went to get the snowmobile and came to a totaled snowmobile. My boyfriend called the friend, the parents, and everyone else. Finally the "best friend" told him that **************..he had gone on a snowmobile ride with 2 other people. One of the other people, "person c", took my boyfriends snowmobile. "Person C" lodged the 2 skis under a log and the snowmobile flipped**************now "Person C" agreed to pay but has only made 2 or 3 payments in over a year. He lost his job and then decided to leave for boot camp. We served him and told the recruiting office who assured us that everything would be alright and someone would be there for him. He left Jan. 13th and we went to court on Feb. 4th. We showed up to have his mother there asking for a month so that she can hired an attn. The judge gave her until April 8th saying that he was covered under the Soldiers and Sailors act. This is just going to be long and drawn out. EVEN though we accepted payments from Person C can my boyfriend go after his "best friend"??? I told him to do that in the first place but he is stubborn!! I really need advice asap! :eek:

BL

The one to sue is the one that took responsibility for storing the item .

Having said that your BF probably does NOT want to sue the best friend as the friendship would probably end .

Who paid for the snowmobile in the first place ?

If BF ,stay out of it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">