• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totally Confused!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2SERIOUS

Alabama.....My question is regarding Garnishment. My understanding is that you are to be notified and giving a change to file a Claim of Exemption form to contest it. I wasn't given that chance and now my pay has been garnished. I am not disputing the amount owe to the creditor but there is fee of $4816.64 under "other" and it can't be explain. How do I go by filing a Claim of Exemption and go to court to contest it? This debt is from 03 and they are now filing. My HR department receieved it on 21st and it was filed on Nove 4th you telling me it take 20 days to get this done. I wasnt even served they went to my company office and gave them paper.. As of today I still havent been served....

I need to get this done ASAP to beat a deadline****************************.... :mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Alabama.....My question is regarding Garnishment. My understanding is that you are to be notified and giving a change to file a Claim of Exemption form to contest it. I wasn't given that chance and now my pay has been garnished. I am not disputing the amount owe to the creditor but there is fee of $4816.64 under "other" and it can't be explain. How do I go by filing a Claim of Exemption and go to court to contest it? This debt is from 03 and they are now filing. My HR department receieved it on 21st and it was filed on Nove 4th you telling me it take 20 days to get this done. I wasnt even served they went to my company office and gave them paper.. As of today I still havent been served....

I need to get this done ASAP to beat a deadline****************************.... :mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/CodeOfAlabama/1975/124958.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">