• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tow truck driver and security patrol attempt to scam female

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tfs67

I came outside before tow driver could "hook up" to my car. He said " I dont work for free,i drove out here so you owe me $100.00" i just drove away and he chased me, two blocks away from the mobile home park. I stopped being scared, attempted to reason with him. Then the security patrol showed up and blocked me in at the stop sign where i was. These are two men still saying i had to pay. Scared as a female, upset, they had me trapped. I later found out i do not owe him cause he was never hooked up. Is this legal for them to do to me?

Silverplum

I came outside before tow driver could "hook up" to my car. He said " I dont work for free,i drove out here so you owe me $100.00" i just drove away and he chased me, two blocks away from the mobile home park. I stopped being scared, attempted to reason with him. Then the security patrol showed up and blocked me in at the stop sign where i was. These are two men still saying i had to pay. Scared as a female, upset, they had me trapped. I later found out i do not owe him cause he was never hooked up. Is this legal for them to do to me?
What is the name of your US state?

It doesn't matter, under the law, whether you are male or female. Just FYI.

CdwJava

Why were they there to tow you? Where were you parked?

Did you report their actions to the police? Are you thinking of suing them in Small Claims Court for the $100?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">