• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sportsgizmo

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My car was towed by a neighbor (of a friend I was visiting) claiming it was on his property. Both properties are rentals and the driveway is shared. It is difficult to know an exact property line. There are no postings. I have parked in the same place many times and have had no prior request to move the car. There was no blocking of access or other vehicles. Does he have to ask me to move or post his driveway or anything? Time limit maybe. It cost me $130 to get my car back.

JETX

"Does he have to ask me to move or post his driveway or anything?"
*** No. If it was in fact his property (or his leased property), he has the right to have the vehicle towed.

S

sportsgizmo

The property line is questionable at best. If I went to RMC and got the map and find out I was not on his property. What then.

JETX

I would assume then that your problem would be proving your car was EXACTLY where you claim and that it was not on their property.

Then, if you can do that, file a small claims action against them for the malicious conduct and show your proof to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">