• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megra23

Florida.
My car was towed from in front of my condo because I was blocking a person’s garage.
The only thing posted on the garage was reserved parking and said nothing about towing your car if you parked there.
They said they gave me warning but all it was, was a sticker that said for my car to be towed. I don’t go outside much so I did not see the sticker or have any idea what so ever that my car was being towed. One would think living in a condo community that some one from the office would at least try to get a hold of me and ask me to move my car instead of taking it to the extreme and just have my car towed. I would have gladly moved it if asked to.
When I did find out that my car was towed I immediately called and made arrangements to pick up my car. When I got to the towing place I just wanted to get my car and myself out of there and didn’t do much looking over my car to make sure there where no damages. When I got home I noticed a scratch on my hood, damaged was done to the black trim that holds my window and my tint was badly scratched.
When I talked to the guy at the towing place he assured me that NO ONE went into my car because they have a new way of towing that they just hook your car up and go. He also told me that they have a "no damage policy".
I took pictures and now I just need to know what to do. Can I have my car fixed?:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, feel free to have your car fixed.
Don't expect anybody else to pay for it though...

Additionally, to paraphrase: You would think that, living in a condo community, you wouldn't block someone's garage. :rolleyes:

Florida.
My car was towed from in front of my condo because I was blocking a person’s garage.
The only thing posted on the garage was reserved parking and said nothing about towing your car if you parked there.
They said they gave me warning but all it was, was a sticker that said for my car to be towed. I don’t go outside much so I did not see the sticker or have any idea what so ever that my car was being towed. One would think living in a condo community that some one from the office would at least try to get a hold of me and ask me to move my car instead of taking it to the extreme and just have my car towed. I would have gladly moved it if asked to.
When I did find out that my car was towed I immediately called and made arrangements to pick up my car. When I got to the towing place I just wanted to get my car and myself out of there and didn’t do much looking over my car to make sure there where no damages. When I got home I noticed a scratch on my hood, damaged was done to the black trim that holds my window and my tint was badly scratched.
When I talked to the guy at the towing place he assured me that NO ONE went into my car because they have a new way of towing that they just hook your car up and go. He also told me that they have a "no damage policy".
I took pictures and now I just need to know what to do. Can I have my car fixed?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">