• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing Company Refuses To Repay Damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joyce2017

New Jersey

Hello

In late November my fathers car was towed and when he went to pick it up 3 days later we found that his car was vandalized while under their care. Their warehouse was three towns away from where the violation and towing took place on a private lot with "so-called" cameras. His dash board was destroyed and radio was stolen. After heavy discussion back and forth with the companies supposed owner, I was told that all would be replaced by the first week of January. I did not (now regretting it) file a police report or get the agreement in writing. After having several of my messages to the company ignored I called today and was told by the person on the phone who would not give me his name (though I know it was the guy I had been talking to) that the company no longer existed and then was hung up on! twice! :mad:

I'm lost I don't have proof other than verbal that my dad's car would be restored. I would like some advice on how to move with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :confused:

Thank you

BL

Try finding out from the county Clerk if they are still listed as still in business.
But even though the should file the went out of business , if they did, business often neglect to.

Next contact your State's Agency that list licenses of businesses .
See if they still have a License and under the same license # and name.

Also , contact the Treasury Dept. for a current address of the person you want to sue.

The county tax Dept. might be able to help on info. to.

At least the could tell you who owns the property at that address, and if it's the same .

If so get copies of the registrations of business .

Next file small claims under the Owner's name and Business name .

Have estimates or invoices for the auto repairs , and the agreement to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">