• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Ticket Dismissed, Officer completely wrong, can I seek wag compensation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpeterson101

Illinois

Hello, I received a traffic ticket for a school zone speed violation in Illinois. However according to the secretary of state website in Illinois class must be in session and students must be present for it to be considered a school zone violation. It was 40 minutes after school got out and the only students present were in soccer practice over 300 feet from the road. The later which the newbie office admitted. The case was immateriality dissed in court however I had to take a half day from work to appear and missed an appointment due to the time spent getting the ticket. Can I sue in small claims court? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
John

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Illinois

Hello, I received a traffic ticket for a school zone speed violation in Illinois. However according to the secretary of state website in Illinois class must be in session and students must be present for it to be considered a school zone violation. It was 40 minutes after school got out and the only students present were in soccer practice over 300 feet from the road. The later which the newbie office admitted. The case was immateriality dissed in court however I had to take a half day from work to appear and missed an appointment due to the time spent getting the ticket. Can I sue in small claims court? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
John
No you cannot sue in small claims court. The officer has qualified immunity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">