• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trailer abandoned in back yard need title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trailer Trash

Due to a fire that destroyed my house. My insurance company rented a 18' X 60' foot 3 bedroom 2 bath trailer on my behalf so I could watch my horses and dogs. This was place on my property for not more than one year. Out of my settlement pay the rent and a set up and take down fee of $4,500 each way in advance. After my use of it was over I called the trailer place we rented it from to come get it, and find out they went out of business. So now this trailer is abandoned in back yard. It has no axles or wheels and it is unique as well because it has a fold out section that is 8' X 60' feet big and not easy to fold down to a single wide. In doing research on this trailer I found out that it is still in the name of a person that traded it in to the trailer sales and her title co. in New York. I called this title co. and ask if they will sign a release, they have no knowledge of it and wont sign over something that they have no records of. I contacted the lady that traded it in for a newer trailer to ask her if she will sign over a release, she claims she was rip off when she traded it in, and feel like her signature is worth 5 grand. I ask the State of Nevada Manufacture Housing board to place it in my name due to the fact that it has been siting in my back yard for over 3 years now. They said I have to sue in small claims court.
What should I put on the forms? Thanks in advance

Randy

JETX

Though I agree with IAAL's response (get an attorney), I would like to offer the following:

1) Write letters to both the titled owner and the lien holder, send them Certified Return Reciept Requested. In the letter(s), detail the date that the trailer was moved to your property and who moved it, how long it has been there, and that the trailer will start (or has already started) accruing storage fees at the rate of $XX per day. State a deadline for it's removal or that it will be disposed or sold as salvage to recover the unpaid storage fees plus costs.

2) Contact your local registration authorities (either vehicle registration or property title, depending on your local agencies). See about obtaining an 'abandonment title' on the trailer.

Both of these things can be done by you, without an attorney and could go a long way to resolving this issue. And then when (if) an attorney does need to get involved, you will have saved yourself both time and money.

T

Trailer Trash

I did see an attorney, after I hade a small claim court date reserved and paid for. He told me to drop the small claim court. Then he sent one letter to the trailer place that was out of business, took $150 then never did another thing for me. I also sent a letter to the old owners return receipt like you said about storage. I have it in my file. But the Nevada State Manufacture Housing Board, who can give me a title said I need to take the title owners to court to win a judgment then they will give me a new title. I just looking for something short and sweet to type on the form, like, To attained ownership of trailer that was abandoned on property, or something like that. I believe that no one will response to the papers that would be served and I will have an easy win. Thanks in advance for your input.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

How about calling the DMV and asking about registering an abandoned vehicle (a trailer is considered a "vehicle" if it was manufactured with wheels). I'm sure there's a way, and that they have the proper forms to fill out.

IAAL

T

Trailer Trash

Trailer Trash said:
Due to a fire that destroyed my house. My insurance company rented a 18' X 60' foot 3 bedroom 2 bath trailer on my behalf so I could watch my horses and dogs. This was place on my property for not more than one year. Out of my settlement pay the rent and a set up and take down fee of $4,500 each way in advance. After my use of it was over I called the trailer place we rented it from to come get it, and find out they went out of business. So now this trailer is abandoned in back yard. It has no axles or wheels and it is unique as well because it has a fold out section that is 8' X 60' feet big and not easy to fold down to a single wide. In doing research on this trailer I found out that it is still in the name of a person that traded it in to the trailer sales and her title co. in New York. I called this title co. and ask if they will sign a release, they have no knowledge of it and wont sign over something that they have no records of. I contacted the lady that traded it in for a newer trailer to ask her if she will sign over a release, she claims she was rip off when she traded it in, and feel like her signature is worth 5 grand. I ask the State of Nevada Manufacture Housing board to place it in my name due to the fact that it has been siting in my back yard for over 3 years now. They said I have to sue in small claims court.
What should I put on the forms? Thanks in advance

Randy

T

Trailer Trash

I have check with the DMV they refer me to the Manufacture housing board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">