• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trailer that buyer won't move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcon

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hi,

Any advice would be appreciated! My son sold a mobile home trailer at the end of February. The buyer signed a paper stating that she would pay the lot rent if not moved by March. She still hasn't paid the lot rent. He has had to pay the lot rent for the past three months because the lease is in his name. She has disconnected her phone. She still hasn't put the title in her name.
I know he can take her to small claims court to recoup the rent but does anybody know if he can apply for a lost title and legally resell the trailer since it has been a while and she still hasn't put it in her name? Is there anything else he can do??

Thank you,

Tracy

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hi,

Any advice would be appreciated! My son sold a mobile home trailer at the end of February. The buyer signed a paper stating that she would pay the lot rent if not moved by March. She still hasn't paid the lot rent. He has had to pay the lot rent for the past three months because the lease is in his name. She has disconnected her phone. She still hasn't put the title in her name.
I know he can take her to small claims court to recoup the rent but does anybody know if he can apply for a lost title and legally resell the trailer since it has been a while and she still hasn't put it in her name? Is there anything else he can do??

Thank you,

Tracy
The courts are the proper routes. Committing fraud by trying to apply for a "lost title" on a trailer that he sold and does NOT own is not the way to go.
Perhaps he can show the owner (of the lot) that he sold the trailer...maybe he'll be let out of the rent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">