• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transit Adjudication Bureau MTA Entered w/o pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Student1234

I live in NYC
Hi I am a student who is 16, today I went through the exit door without swiping. I was caught, I told them that It was crowded so I just went through the door but i had my student metro card... This was my first time ever getting caught, shouldn't i first be warned then a ticket?? It was a fine of $100, too much? When asked to stop I did not even try to run, shouldn't it be less? Should I go to court to try and fight it?? Any advice if i do decide to? What should i tell them?? maybe i had no money? By the way, will my parents be contacted about this??? Thank You.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

I live in NYC
Hi I am a student who is 16, today I went through the exit door without swiping. I was caught, I told them that It was crowded so I just went through the door but i had my student metro card... This was my first time ever getting caught, shouldn't i first be warned then a ticket?? It was a fine of $100, too much? When asked to stop I did not even try to run, shouldn't it be less? Should I go to court to try and fight it?? Any advice if i do decide to? What should i tell them?? maybe i had no money? By the way, will my parents be contacted about this??? Thank You.
No; nope; unh-unh; negatory; don't lie; not unless they open your mail.

Good luck.

You Are Guilty

It's like a big ole parking ticket. As long as you only plead guilty to a "violation", that is.

If its charged as anything else (usually a "misdemeanor"), you must plead not guilty if you want to avoid a permanent criminal record. <--- that's a really bad thing to have

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">