• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trash Neighbor's devalued My Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Damage Control

What is the name of your state?

Oklahoma

A few years back, a neighbor from hell moved next door and proceeded to make the worst mess I have ever seen. A glitch in this is that I found out that he doesn't have clear title, but the original owner does, who passed it on to another person, who then sold to this terrible neighbor on a rent to own, or contract for deed deally.

I want to place my immaculate property on the market, but because of the awful condition of the place next door, I figure my property has been considerably devalued, if I could sell it at all due to the condition of the place next door.

I want to take this to small claims court. What do you think my chances are of winning a positive judgement, collecting damages, and/or forcing a clean up.
Any other advice?
I live out in the county with few restrictions.

Thanks,

Mad in Oklahoma

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">