• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tree damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loharmon

What is the name of your state? Florida
My neighbor has trees that are along the property line on their side. Durring the hurricanes the trees were forced to lean toward my yard. They are now reseated and are stable. They have just recently cut every bit of weight (all branches) on their side of the tree. If another storm comes through they will surely fall on my property and cause damage. Can I send them a letter stating that I am adivsing them that they will be leagally responsible for any damage that may occur because of their actions?

JETX

Can I send them a letter stating that I am adivsing them that they will be leagally responsible for any damage that may occur because of their actions?
You can send them a letter claiming anything you want. However, liability, if any, will be determined by the FACTS at the time of any claim.
Oh, and nothing in your post supports your clam of their liability. Depending on the FULL facs, it could even help to show a court that they were NOT being negligent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">