• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flowers413

What is the name of your state?n.y. my question is regarding my truck my partner who i am still living with gave me a truck for mothers day 2 years ago recently i have made $1000 repairs to my truck.tuesday he took the plates off it and took out the battery said its his truck and he wants it back, the title is in his name. My question is can i take him to small claims for the amount of repairs i paid for. and if he sells the vehicle before a court date what would happen regarding this. thanks Jill

BL

flowers413 said:
What is the name of your state?n.y. my question is regarding my truck my partner who i am still living with gave me a truck for mothers day 2 years ago recently i have made $1000 repairs to my truck.tuesday he took the plates off it and took out the battery said its his truck and he wants it back, the title is in his name. My question is can i take him to small claims for the amount of repairs i paid for. and if he sells the vehicle before a court date what would happen regarding this. thanks Jill
The Partner could deny ever having giving you the truck . He could state he allowed you to use it , IF you paid for everything necessary to drive it .

How recently did you sink $1000.00 into it , before the Partner refused you to have use of it .

depending on these circumstances , you may or may not be able to recover the cost .

The Fact is the title is in the other person's name and legally it's theirs .

Small claims filing fees are small . The outcome depends on the circumstances .

flowers413

i made repairs over the last 5 months. And i already filed in small claims we go in April and the court lady said to bring whoever was with me at the time he gave the truck to me, which was all my kids as witnesses. they know he gave it to me as a gift. And can he sell the truck in the mean time or should i call the court and ask if he can do that. thanks Jill

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">