• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust abuse and debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jana de Mattos

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I need some serious legal advice. Two months ago, I went to a store and purchased a refrigerator with my credit, in my name, for a friend. The refrigerator came in 12 payments, the first one due a month later. This friend was with me at the time, and the salesman is a witness to her commitment to pay it every month. The refrigerator was sent directly to her place. Ever since, every month she delays the payment of at least 20 days, lies to me saying she has paid it already when she hasn't, and puts me in a very uncomfortable position with the store and financially. I'm not sure if she's going to pay this third payment or any of the others to come, I can't afford to pay it for her and can't have my name compromised because of this, since I live alone and have to support myself. I explained the situation to the store on the first month and they said they can't take the refrigerator back nor negociate with me, so if she doesn't pay, either I pay or I'll have bad credit. What can I do to stop this? Thank you so much, Jana de MattosWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">