• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust officer trying to garnish my wages from a gift my grandmother gave me 3 years a

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bob303

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have a question? My grandmother helped me out years ago with a car and never wanted paid back.
She still says she does not want to be paid back. They have now assigned a trust officer to control her
estate. The trust officer is demanding I pay $200.00 a month to pay back $8000.00 and says she will have my wages garnished if I don't.
What do I do?
Can she do that?

Thanks for any help,

Bob Hightower

JETX

"The trust officer is demanding I pay $200.00 a month to pay back $8000.00 and says she will have my wages garnished if I don't.
What do I do?
Can she do that?"

First, she can't garnish ANY wages without a judgment from a court. Have you been sued for this claim and lost?? If not, then she can't garnish.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">