• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying To Collect An Ignored Lawn Maintenance Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sc4us

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

South Caroloina

We run a small Lawn and Yard Care business and am having a difficut time collecting a $37.50 past due invoice for services rendered. The money isn't important, it's the principle.

The customer is unhappy with our decision to discontinue his service because of unappreciative attitude issues.

The customer doesn't have any issues regarding the quality of work performed but has told me not to send anymore reminder invoices.

Any advice? ... Collection agency?, Small Claims Court? or should I just say goodbye to this small amount owed?

I can't work for nothing, do you?

Thanks !

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In one sentence you say it's about the principle. In another, you say that you can't work for nothing. You will spend much more than $37.50 collecting this. Thus, you will actually be paying money to do this work, and that's much worse than working for nothing.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

South Caroloina

We run a small Lawn and Yard Care business and am having a difficut time collecting a $37.50 past due invoice for services rendered. The money isn't important, it's the principle.

The customer is unhappy with our decision to discontinue his service because of unappreciative attitude issues.

The customer doesn't have any issues regarding the quality of work performed but has told me not to send anymore reminder invoices.

Any advice? ... Collection agency?, Small Claims Court? or should I just say goodbye to this small amount owed?

I can't work for nothing, do you?

Thanks !

**A: hire an attorney to send a demand letter. Cost $150-$250. You do the math.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">