• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to Sue, Can't find this person HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nrgwar

What is the name of your state? CA

So...to make a long story short, me and my fiance purchased (or thought) a car for 4k. This person said that was the amount to pay off their loan because they could no longer afford to make payments. So, stupidly *yes, I know now* we gave her the money and were to meet her at the loan office place the next day. Didn't show, so next day she shows after negotiation and only brings 2k...she happen to already spend the 2k she said. And at this she got mad at us that we didnt take over her 6k loan and said we screwed her :mad: right...cause we love to give nice ppl like her 2k all the time. We live on top ramen by the way. Anyway, so it was either take her 2k loose 2k and have no car, bc of course it was going to be repo'd or take the loan for 6k use the 2k towards it and have a car...so we took the loan over. We served her small claims papers to the address she put on the bill of sale. Of course, it was her mom's house and she told the sheriff who tried to serve the papers to her that her daughter did not live there. End of story for us. So, we changed the numbers we had, we went to the last known address and she was evicted...we have a court date in a month and a day. So, we'd have to serve her papers by tomorrow. Should we pay a site to do a background check? How do you find someone that doesn't want to be found?:confused:

ForFun

Contact the Post Office and tell them that you need to serve papers for a lawsuit, and that you need the form that requests the party's forwarding address.

The Post Office will provide that information for the purposes of serving legal documents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">