• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tutoring scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aragas34

Texas

What course of action should I take to sue a company that promised to tutor me but never did? I paid for a class a few weeks before the scheduked start date but soon after my check to them cleared, they changed their phone number and I have not been able to get a hold of them.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau so that anyone researching locating a tutor will know to avoid that school.

Contact the state attorney general's office.

I assume that you've checked with directory service to try and locate a new number and that you've sent them a registered letter, return receipt requested, regarding your enrollment. When the letter is returned to you, don't open it. Keep it as evidence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">