• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UK Small Claims Court - Failure to meet conditions of judgement being set aside

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcl8on

I recently attended a hearing where the party that we were claiming against had a default judgment against him set aside due to the court losing files attaining to the case.

It was ordered that the judgement be set aside and that he re-send his evidence to both thte court and myself and proceedings would continue from there. He was given the deadline of the 23rd feb.

On the 15th of this month i rang the court as we had received nothing. Turns out they had nothing either and they gave me an email address to request further directions from the County Court judge.The response we got was that he could not give directions and he was not there to give legal advice.

So what do i do next?? As far as the court is concerned they aren't doing anything!! He didn't meet the conditions laid out by the court and yet when he fails to meet those conditions there's no recourse??

Any advice would be apreciated.

M

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I recently attended a hearing where the party that we were claiming against had a default judgment against him set aside due to the court losing files attaining to the case.

It was ordered that the judgement be set aside and that he re-send his evidence to both thte court and myself and proceedings would continue from there. He was given the deadline of the 23rd feb.

On the 15th of this month i rang the court as we had received nothing. Turns out they had nothing either and they gave me an email address to request further directions from the County Court judge.The response we got was that he could not give directions and he was not there to give legal advice.

So what do i do next?? As far as the court is concerned they aren't doing anything!! He didn't meet the conditions laid out by the court and yet when he fails to meet those conditions there's no recourse??

Any advice would be apreciated.

M
This site is for US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">