• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unable to locate defendant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeyboi23

Indiana

I've won a small claims case against a defendant who has moved and gotten married since I filed the case, making it very difficult to figure out where she lives now. The courts will do nothing to help find her and said it's up to me, which is ridiculous because I paid $89 to file this case. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You Are Guilty

Indiana

I've won a small claims case against a defendant who has moved and gotten married since I filed the case, making it very difficult to figure out where she lives now. The courts will do nothing to help find her and said it's up to me, which is ridiculous because I paid $89 to file this case. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Wow, for $89, you'd think they'd offer you free coffee and a massage, in addition to doing your legal work for you. Here's a crazy idea - how about you (or hire someone to do for you) a "skip trace" and see if you can't find the defendant on your own.

(After all, it is your money we're talking about here).

latigo

Why that is just terrible, You are Guilty.

Here the guy’s girlfriend dumped him for a better deal (perhaps a longer relationship) and you show no sympathy whatsoever. lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">