• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized Online Publication of Sensitive Information And Copyrighted Image

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flyoffacliff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I used to have a Youtube account, and I searched for my username on SocialBlade. All I did was type it into the search box, then they began using a bot to check my channel everyday, recording the exact number of subscribers and views I had, as well as other information about my channel. And this information was published here.

This information is marketing sensitive and I don't want it to be public. They say they are fine because the data was once accessible by anyone. My Youtube account has now been terminated. They still will not un-publish the outdated information without a court order. Do I have a chance? Maybe Defamation?

They also still have my copyrighted image at the top of the page and won't remove it. They say it's okay because it's not hosted on their servers, and it's just fetching it from Youtube's CDN. But it's still displayed on their website.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I used to have a Youtube account, and I searched for my username on SocialBlade. All I did was type it into the search box, then they began using a bot to check my channel everyday, recording the exact number of subscribers and views I had, as well as other information about my channel. And this information was published here.

This information is marketing sensitive and I don't want it to be public. They say they are fine because the data was once accessible by anyone. My Youtube account has now been terminated. They still will not un-publish the outdated information without a court order. Do I have a chance? Maybe Defamation?

They also still have my copyrighted image at the top of the page and won't remove it. They say it's okay because it's not hosted on their servers, and it's just fetching it from Youtube's CDN. But it's still displayed on their website.

Thank you
You have confused me, flyoffacliff.

Where exactly is this "marketing sensitive" material being published? And who is "they" that is checking your channel every day and publishing the material? For what purpose?

You can file a DMCA takedown notice against any site that is publishing without authorization your copyrighted image. You can visit the US Copyright Office's website for information on takedown notices (http://www.copyright.gov) or you can check out the information provided on the Copyright Alliance Organization site (http://www.copyrightalliance.org/2012/03/in-plain-english-a-quick-guide-to-dmca-takedown-notices).

From the little you have posted, I see no defamation claim available for you to pursue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">