• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured motorist rental car from accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Harley's-mom

What is the name of your state? California

I was rear-ended several months back by an uninsured motorist. My insurance covered my rental car for $20 a day for 30 days. The car was $30 a day for 65 days (lots of damage to my vehicle). Of course I'll probably have to take this guy to small claims for the $1350. Is it true I have to wait until I close my claim i.e. medical? As far as I'm concerned, my rental car is a separate issue in which I have to handle, and my insurance covers the damage to my vehicle.

JETX

You're correct. These are two separate claims. One is for property damage (vehicle) and the other is for personal injury (medical). You do not have to wait for the PI portion to be resolved before closing (settling) the property damage issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">