• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unmarried dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajstanley26@hot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
I was engaged to someone in who lived in TN. We never lived together nor did we ever claim to be married. Durring the time we were engaged we bought a car together. I traded my car in on the car we jointly owned. About 2 months later I broke it off with him. In efforts to buy my affection 2 months after that he paid off the car and signed the title over as a gift. He even wrote gift on the purchase amount line of the title when he gave it to me. Needless to say I did not go back to him.
He is now trying to sue me for the car or the cars market value.
:confused:
We have been seperated for a year and a half and I am now married to someone else.

Can my Ex take my car from me?

BL

How can he sign a car over to you ? ( as a gift ) ?

You stated you jointly owned the car ?

At any rate , he might be able to recover some money he paid on it , from you .

And I find it even more so , if you knew what he was doing and accepted it , knowing full well you never intended to reconcile .

Says something about character , and being unjustly enriched .

Hot Topic

There's nothing to prevent him from trying to get the car back. I don't think he will, but it says more about you than it does about him that you accepted it knowing he was trying to reconcile with you when you had no intention of doing so.

ajstanley26@hot

unmarried dispute

At the time I did not know if we would or would not get back together.Then he started acting insane. He waited for me at night in the parking lot I came home one day and there were pictures of me and him taped al over the door of my home and they all had little notes written on them. I called the cops but they said unless the pictures had my face scratched out or the notes had threatening verbiage to them... there was nothing they could do. I came home from work one day and there was a dishwasher and two dozen roses left on my doorstep. All the while I was telling him to go away I had no intentions of taking him back. He took out health insurance on me- ON LINE- a private policy with out my knowledge, he filed a claim on my car insurance and I only found out by a confirmation email from Allstate!!! He was sending my father HUGE gift baskets when my step mother had requested him to stop. He called my mother at the police department and emailed her constantly about me. She kept telling him to stop, to go on with his life, and I did as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">