• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid for Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooknlin

California- Hello all, I recently (ha... recently as in a bit over a year ago) shot conference photos for a local real estate agent and a big name reality star. Their assistant hired me and has pretty much been the only person I have had contact with. After a year of excuses (we lost the invoice, he's out of town, etc) I am now done and ready to pursue legal action. Since the assistant hired me, would that be the person that is named in the lawsuit? Since I was just starting out, and under the mistaken belief that I would never be screwed over because of who the person hosting the conference was, I did not do a signed contract however I do have many emails and phone calls from the assistant confirming that they agree the owe the money and the bill will be paid upon the man's return to town. Do I have a case? Would this email trail suffice? Am I right in naming the assistant as the defendant? Do you have any other advice (Other than don't be stupid, get a contract)? Thanks in advance for any help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">