• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lezlie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. I worked as an employee for an independent healthcare contractor. I signed a sub-contract to work in one of her companies she had had an agreement with. I worked in 1 nsg home then they would pay her then she would pay me. The contract state if i resign she could withhold the last 30 days. My resignation time was supposed to be nov 1 to dec 1 but its like she terminated me nov 2. She is also withholding more then 30 days and my travel time pay was never paid to me at all for the last 4 months. What can i do?

pattytx

You are correct, a small claims action. As an employee, you could also file a wage complaint with the federal Dept. of Labor, but they can only enforce minimum wage. In your state, you'd be better off with the court action.

Lezlie

Small claims question

I am having trouble with travel. Is there forms i can download and print from online to file a small claim in volusia county florida?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">