• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

klfazendin

What is the name of your state? California
My husband was contacted by the dreaded telemarketer regarding a debt consolidation program. There was a fee charged for the service with a 100% 60 day money back guarantee. They charged the credit card the next day and 10 days later we got the actually paperwork to fill out, sign and send back. After receiving a small sampling of their services we decided to cancel, about 15 days into it. When we tried to cancel, we were told we needed to sign a purchase cancellation authorization. We had to request the form several times, and all calls were documented, it took them over a month to get it to us. I finally insisted that they fax it. They assured me the whole time that they would credit our credit card. After the form was signed, they told me several more times that my credit was being processed. However, we received a letter stating that we were past our 60 days and would not be getting a refund. They are in another state. Do I have a case and can I take them to small claims even though they are out of state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">