• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upset Customer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawsons35

North Carolina

I tried to rent a vehicle at enterprise car rentals but was denied because my father was cursing while talking to me. The young lady told my father that if he didn't stop the profanity she will not rent me the vehicle. My father continued his conversation and the lady refuse to rent me the vehicle. Isn't there some type of discrimination law protecting people from being discriminated against on cause they associate or is related to another person?:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

quincy

It certainly seems unjust to punish a person for what he is rather than for what he has done. But what you are, unfortunately, is the child of a man who uses profanity even when warned to stop - and what Enterprise is is a business which is allowed to rent a car to whomever they chose (within certain legal guidelines).

If they decided not to rent to you because of your dad's continued use of profanity, it may suck, but it is not illegal.

It looks like you may have to wait until you get your own credit card before you can rent a car, huh?

Antigone*

North Carolina

I tried to rent a vehicle at enterprise car rentals but was denied because my father was cursing while talking to me. The young lady told my father that if he didn't stop the profanity she will not rent me the vehicle. My father continued his conversation and the lady refuse to rent me the vehicle. Isn't there some type of discrimination law protecting people from being discriminated against on cause they associate or is related to another person?:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You're upset???:confused: - you think you have the right to be??? The agent did the right thing. Your father's conduct certainly upset her and she refused the right to serve you. She was actually very brave and her company should commend her for that.

Demonstration of the poor behavior such as your father was exihibiting at the counter....hmmm....could there be a possibility of road rage that didn't happen because she refused to rent you guys the car?

Thanks Enterprise!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">