• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent Help Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jalebkid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

Hey, so i purchased a car from a public auction and never put it in my car and sold the car the next day for $3000 because i did not like the car. Yes, i understand the law states that a vehicle must be registered in your name before you can sell or do anything with it. So i sold the car, then the lady filed a lawsuit against me because she did not want the car. When we went to court, she told the judge that the vehicle was no longer in her possession because she parked the car at a no-zone area and got impounded. So she wanted me to pay the impound fees($3,300) then pay her $3000 back for the car. The judge told her(plaintiff) that you must take the car out of the impound and then take it to me(defendant) then get your money back. I totally agreed with the judge and told the plaintiff that i will pay her the money if she returns the car. I tried calling the plaintiff for days, weeks, but was not successfull in getting my car back. So i went to court and filed a form SC-105 Request Court Order, then I told the judge that she wont give me my car back so i cant pay her. The judge told me the shut up and listen that it has been too long and i did not follow court order to give her money back. Well I told the judge that i tried calling the plaintiff but she was not cooperative in meeting so i can give her money. The judge just said, listen your not getting your car back and you have to pay her the money. I found that very unethical how i have to pay her for the car and she gets to keep it? On top of it all, i found out that she made a fake receipt from the impound shop dated 45 days storage the next day she bought it. For example, she bought the car 4/27/12, she had a receipt during court dated 4/28/12 with 45 days storage. Thats 24 hours of storage, not 45 days. Either way, i tried filing an appeal but the small claims advisor told me i cannot since its been too long. I also found out from the DMV that the owner of the car(plaintiff) is currently driving the vehicle with currently registered under her name. Per DMV records, the car was never under my name, my name was never associated with the vehicle under the plate number. I am totally lost with this situation, i dont know what to do if i should take it to a different court or something. The judge is a complete ******* and wouldnt let me speak one word in court. What can i do in this case, can i sue her for the amount i owe?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">