• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car dealerships

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quitha08

Texas - I am purchasing a vehicle that according to my contract should be paid in full on july 17th 2006. But the manager is telling me that my account has been refinanced and will be paid in full as of october 17th 2006. I did not sign or reuest for refinancing. they have no written record other than what they have entered into their computer system. what are my rights or what can I do?

justalayman

Show them you cancelled checks for each and every payment you made.

Make sure the amount on your contract is actually paid in full by the amount you were paying for the requisite period of time.

and no, they cannot refinance you without you agreeing at some point. Tell them to show you the new contract with your signature on it.

quitha08

okay once it's paid for in full according to the original agreement.
Do I have grounds for a lawsuit if they try to make me pay more according to this "mysterious refinancing contract/agreement"? What would be the next step for me to take?

JETX

quitha08 said:
Do I have grounds for a lawsuit if they try to make me pay more according to this "mysterious refinancing contract/agreement"?
No. As long as you are not 'damaged' by their demands, you have NO basis for a lawsuit.

What would be the next step for me to take?
Gee.... if you are absolutely convinced you are paid in full.... AND NO LATE CHARGES, etc.... then simply refuse to pay any additional funds... and be sure to demand your title with lien release signed off!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">