• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Vehicle Sale Problem.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charlesg

undefinedWhat is the name of your state arizona

In Phoenix arizona, I sold a 2001 Saturn with 44k orig miles, to a girl she is of legal age, after three weeks a guy calls me and says Im the husband and I give you 24 hrs to refund the money, I said is there a malfunction and he said no Im impressed with the car it runs fine, may I ad it was sold for $2800
I asked than why call me, he said I cant transfer the title to my name because it is closed on the back with your name as the buyer, and it is a salvage title, I explained listen the girl or lady came and bargained me down 700 dlls I had it in the paper for 3500 and I gave her the title and showed it to her, also the car had a dent in one of the lenses and she took a foto of it and rturned saying her friend would fix it for 400 and bought the car, of course I never fell for the insult and refund the money she did sign a document saying I so and so bought this car with id # from so and so in as is where is condtion and agree to do inspections all necessary inorder to do a name change. my question is this, today a police officer came to my door banging the door and scaring my kids, I wasnt home, after three weeks can they do that and bring an officer to your home, what can he legally do to me, is is illegal since I didnt change this to my name as per dmv within the 14 days rule, so I called the guy and said I aint going to no DMV just send me a letter and Ill give you what dmv requires to change the title to your name. can he take me to small claimes and do you think it will or he or she will win!
my question also did I break a crime. what do I tell the officer if they call one again, its been three weeks since I sold it. Im being threatened by them over the phone. and they want to turn the paper around as I am the guilty party. .it was her negligence .did I break a city code or dmv code that I will be cited.

JETX

charlesg said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state arizona

In Phoenix arizona, I sold a 2001 Saturn with 44k orig miles, to a girl she is of legal age, after three weeks a guy calls me and says Im the husband and I give you 24 hrs to refund the money, I said is there a malfunction and he said no Im impressed with the car it runs fine, may I ad it was sold for $2800
I asked than why call me, he said I cant transfer the title to my name because it is closed on the back with your name as the buyer, and it is a salvage title
Are you a 'dealer'??
Did you advise her of the salvage title BEFORE the purchase??
If not, you very likely violated Arizona law.

According to the an AZ Attorney:
"some dealers have been selling poorly rebuilt wrecked or salvaged vehicles, which may turn out to be unsafe or priced too high. The majority of these vehicles were involved in accidents or floods. Though they look good on the surface, they may have steering problems, defective brakes, inadequately welded parts and overall, poor handling

It is the responsibility of the selling dealer to inform you before purchase if the car has, to their knowledge, a “salvage title” or has been involved in an accident.
"

I wasnt home, after three weeks can they do that and bring an officer to your home
Depends on what the officer was there to do.

it was her negligence
Not really. You have an OBLIGATION to make the buyer aware if the title is not 'clean'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">