• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

V. sold me a houseboat he KNEW was completely rotten!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katipoo

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I can't even believe this, goes from bad to worse!

This guy sells me a houseboat for $6200, says the bottom has JUST been refinished (I have a copy of the ad). I got to use it for a total of 2 hours and 5 days after purchase, there's water on the floor. Blah, blah, blah, I come to find out it needs about $20K worth of work and HE KNEW. The boatyard has said they'll go to court for me... the problem?

I live in Sacramento County.
I purchased the boat in San Juanquin County.
He owns a house that's up for sale in Contra Costa County.
He now lives in Washington State.

I CANNOT SUE HIM.

I have proof and witnesses up the wazoo..... and there's nothing I can do.
He's selling a $350K house he bought in 91 for $888K. He stands to profit half a million dollars and he rips me off with a sinking ship for $6200... I guess it's a good thing my 9 year old daughter and I know how to swim???

What on earth can I do? That seems so WRONG. If I could lein his property before he sells it and goes through escrow at the very least I could get SOMETHING to help repair it......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">