• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacating a Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maverickman

I am a landlord in Philadelphia Pennsylvania and was recently sued by my tenant for not returing the full security deposit (the proprty was damaged and I deducted repairs from the security deposit and returned a partial deposit including breakdown of expenses that he declined to accept by not claiming the certified letter I sent to him). He won a small judgment for less than I had offered to return to him. I paid the judgment the day after it was awarded and the court indicated it was marked satified. It has not yet appeared on my credit report. Is there anyway I can vacate this judgment? I do not want this judgment to be placed on my credit report. Thanks.

seniorjudge

maverickman said:
I am a landlord in Philadelphia Pennsylvania and was recently sued by my tenant for not returing the full security deposit (the proprty was damaged and I deducted repairs from the security deposit and returned a partial deposit including breakdown of expenses that he declined to accept by not claiming the certified letter I sent to him). He won a small judgment for less than I had offered to return to him. I paid the judgment the day after it was awarded and the court indicated it was marked satified. It has not yet appeared on my credit report. Is there anyway I can vacate this judgment? I do not want this judgment to be placed on my credit report. Thanks.
Q: Is there anyway I can vacate this judgment?

A: No. You paid it.

maverickman

Thanks for the reply.
I read in a few places that once the plantiff is paid he/she can file with the same court a form that will auto vacate the judgment. I also read that rental management companies do something similar with tenants the have paid the judgment against them so it will not remain on the defendants credit report. Is this true?
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">