• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BHanberry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Sometime back in February my ex boyfriend and I bought a vehicle together for 600.00 a piece. After we purchased it I had to pay for a brand new distributer and fuel pump to be put on the car costing me a little over 500.00. Now after we seperated he decided that he was going to keep both the car and the title even though the title was signed over to me and in my name. I spoke with a deputy from the Sheriff's Dept. in my county and he informed me that without the title they couldn't go subdue the car from him and press charges. So I tried repeatedly to obtain the title from him which he did not provide. I also gave him the option to pay back what I paid for the car and the work done on the car but he still insists on only giving 600.00. I wanted to know if I could take him to small claims court to get both the title and car back from him?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">