• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rocketman

What is the name of your state? Texas

My 2002 Chev truck was keyed in our apartment parking lot night before last between 11:00 PM and 6:00 AM. No one saw anything or anyone close to the vehicle. My question is:, can the apartment complex be held responsible for the damage to my vehicle bacause their parking spots are not standard size? The spots are very small. I believe that my truck was keyed because the car next to me had trouble getting into his vehicle. My truck is always between the lines painted on the lot, with about 10 inches on each side of the truck inside the line. My truck is not any wider than any other truck that parks in the lot. Even standard size cars have trouble getting in and out of the vehicle when someone is parked next to them. I can my truck fixed, but I believe the apartment complex should have normal size parking slots. Thank you.

djohnson

Is yours the first truck to be keyed? If your argument was valid then it would be happening all the time to many different people. You don't know why it was keyed and can't prove otherwise. This is not the apartment complex's fault. If you want to try and get bigger parking spaces then do so but I would suggest not using this as your reason why or even an argument with them.

rocketman

Thank you for your input. We have only been here for one month and will be moving around the middle of June. I don't know if there have been any other "keying", I do know that a lot of cars have marks from other car door being opened on them. I just wonder if anyone else had experienced this type of problem. Thank you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">