• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle title fraud and signature forgery!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaptainCaleb

I live in Louisiana and I had bought a car from someone on the September 8th and the guy I bought it from signed someone else's name on the bill of sale who was the former owner of the vehicle and who I've never met. The vehicle is not legally in his name because he only bought the car from the guy through a bill of sale and basically tried to be a ghost middleman and sell the car as if he was the guy who's signature he forged. I gave him cash for it and have a witness that saw the transaction take place. The police told me all I can do is try to sue him. Please help!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in Louisiana and I had bought a car from someone on the September 8th and the guy I bought it from signed someone else's name on the bill of sale who was the former owner of the vehicle and who I've never met. The vehicle is not legally in his name because he only bought the car from the guy through a bill of sale and basically tried to be a ghost middleman and sell the car as if he was the guy who's signature he forged. I gave him cash for it and have a witness that saw the transaction take place. The police told me all I can do is try to sue him. Please help!!
Sue him for what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">