• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vengeful EX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stra8up3

California

a boyfriend from 5 years ago brought his fifth wheel and stored it on my property and now after all the repairs, parts, labor, and money that I have put in it, he has been calling the cops twice so far this week trying to take it back with everything I have into it. I have started a lien sale, but I am afraid it might be too little to late. What are my rights? What can I do to now to prevent this before he brings the cops out again?

stra8up3

Excuse Me???

I did not steal anything! It has been here for 5 years and at one point he gave it to me. I have stayed in contact through out the years. He has even helped me with it. He owed rent. Besides all that, I have had the whole thing remolded, repaired, restored, re-roofed, recondition, furnished, etc. on top of all the I have had to pay for land that it sits on/storage. He has a problem now cause he wanted to get back together and after 3 months of that, my boyfriend came back 2 weeks ago and he was mad that I would not be back with him.

JETX

at one point he gave it to me.
Why didn't you say that in the first place!!!
Problem solved.... simply show the officers that title that he signed over to you... and your problems are solved.
And since you have that signed title, why not just sell it yourself?? :D

stra8up3

at the time that he gave me the trailer and the pink slip, (along with what I detected as underlieing issues) I had not wanted it. There is also another name on it. He did that to keep his wife and kids during their divorce from getting it. So anyways it was never signed. Yes I did show the officers, they gave it back to me. I had not intended on selling it but rent it out as I have before. That is what all the investment was for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">