• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Venue Suit against Delta Airlines contract non-performance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edcharles

What is the name of your state? Montana

I want to bring suit against Delta Airlines due to non-performance of contract, pain and suffering, punitive damages. However, I do not know WHERE to do this. I have been in Small Claims court before, and the parties were all local. Delta HQ is in Georgia; I don't believe they have any office in Montana. Can I just go to my local court?

dcatz

You normally determine if a corporation is authorized to do business in your state by going online and checking your Secretary of State’s site. All corporations within and without the state must be registered and remain in good-standing. Any authorized corporation must have appointed a registered agent for service of process, and you’ll find that information there as well.

I’ve saved you the trouble. Delta uses Corporation Service Co. in most states. Here’s yours:
Agent
Registered Agent: CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
Address 1: P O BOX 1691
Address 2: 26 W SIXTH AVE
City: HELENA
State: MT
Zip: 59624-1691

(P.S. I don’t see where “venue”, as referenced in the title to your post, is relevant to the question asked. My response, and your first concern, if you want to go to your "local court", involves jurisdiction)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">